Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mohanavelu Subramanian <mh...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/14 01:42:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Asynchronous callback from tomcat

Hi All,

Good morning.

Our application is deployed on tomcat. We have apache load balancer and
tomcat container running on separate virtual machines.

We got a requirement to implement asynchronous callback for long running
tasks from client. So, with this feature client would send soap request
with an attribute mode=async and callback endpoint as well . Since mode is
async, Our application will immediately respond to the client with success
message. Then later our will process the request and sends back response to
client on the call back endpoint.

I am little new to this load balancer and tomcat with async callback.

My doubt is, will this callback go through loadbalancer from tomcat when
our application invokes client callback endpoint to deliver the response?

If yes, will there be any problems in  delivering the response to the
client since load balancer and tomcat are on 2 separate Virtual machines?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Mohan