Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2003/05/06 11:26:29 UTC

Re: DITA and Cocoon content

Ryan

Was there any followup on this?

Thanks
Derek

>>> rhoegg@isisnetworks.net 10/04/2003 09:35:08 >>>
Alright, I'm still agonizing over content representation and I think I

am comfortable with DITA now.

I pinged the DITA newsgroup about using it for business content, and
got
a very nice response. I am now thinking about reworking the cocoon
document format as a DITA specialization.

Before I walk down that path, I wanted to see if anyone here has
specialized a DITA topic for use as a web content vocabulary.

Anyone?

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

believed to be clean.

Re: DITA and Cocoon content

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.
Nope.  I have made some progress on my own, but I am discovering that
the XSLT that ships with DITA is buggy and hard to grok.  I took a step
back and tried pipelining some content that was written to the base
topic DTD, and got unsatisfying results.

I will continue to follow the evolution of DITA, but will not use their
stylesheets just yet.  I have a web site to get done and another Cocoon
project to start. :)

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks