Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David J Jackson <da...@excite.com> on 2004/01/19 14:48:25 UTC

[users@httpd] virtually hosted homepages system?

The docs for "virtually hosted homepages system", I'm want to test this on a localhost (no nic/ip) if I use the example listed for VirtualDocumentRoot example listed:

VirtualDocumentRoot /www/hosts/%2/docs

In my case do I have to add a host alias to /etc/hosts for each user (i.e 127.0.0.1 joe.example.net)?

And can I simply change it to /home/$2/htdocs?

TX,
David