Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Frank Maritato <fm...@attinteractive.com> on 2010/08/13 18:45:09 UTC

multiple assemblies in a pom

Hi,

I'd like to have 2 assemblies for my project. One that creates a tar.gz
distribution and one that creates an executable jar. This is what I have
so far:

<plugin>
   <version>2.2-beta-5</version>
   <configuration>
     <descriptors>
       <descriptor>src/assemble/distribution.xml</descriptor>
     </descriptors>
   </configuration>
</plugin>
<plugin>
   <version>2.2-beta-5</version>
   <configuration>
     <descriptorRefs>
       <descriptorRef>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorRef>
     </descriptorRefs>
     <archive>
       <manifest>
         <mainClass>my.pkg.ClassName</mainClass>
       </manifest>
     </archive>
   </configuration>
</plugin>

It works *except* that I want to change the name of the
jar-with-dependencies because it is really long. If I add the

     <appendAssemblyId>false</appendAssemblyId>
     <finalName>prj-${project.version}</finalName>

tags to the configuration for the executable jar, *both* assemblies get
this new name, not just the one. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!
--
Frank Maritato

Re: multiple assemblies in a pom

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
  Easiest way and possible "Best Practice" is to make 2 POMs One for the
jar and one for the zip.

Ron

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
You should use two executions within the same plugin, each with their own configuration.

Never specify a plugin twice in the same pom. Always use executions for that.

Justin