Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ken O'Connell <ko...@casenetllc.com> on 2012/03/15 21:18:44 UTC

need to rename a file at package phase

We have a file called persistence.xml which is built in one of our other modules and needs to remain that name during build.
But because of a problem in the jboss upgrade (to 5.1.0.GA) that file needs to be called persistence-spring.xml at the package stage of the build.

Within the maven-war-plugin config we have other filtering (includes and excludes) happening, but can the built persistence.xml file be renamed to persistence-spring.xml in our build where it is packaged with the .war file?

Thanks for any assistance.
-Ken

________________________________
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and the information transmitted within including any attachments is only for the recipient(s) to which it is intended and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of; or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please send the e-mail back by replying to the sender and permanently delete the entire message and its attachments from all computers and network systems involved in its receipt.

Re: need to rename a file at package phase

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Within the maven-war-plugin config we have other filtering (includes and
> excludes) happening, but can the built persistence.xml file be renamed to
> persistence-spring.xml in our build where it is packaged with the .war file?

Can you not just copy persistence.xml to persistence-spring.xml and
leave both in?

Otherwise the Assembly plugin might be able to help (see
files/file/{source, destName}).

Wayne