Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/04 10:28:57 UTC

Subscribing and Contributing/Committer Position

Hi All;

My name is Furkan KAMACI. I am a Senior Java Developer. I am studying
Machine Learning and related fields at my M.S. Currently I am leading a
project (a team leader and also a person who loves coding) and I've been
working about with Solr (I am one of the most active person at mail list:
search-lucene.com) One of our aims is we will implement a semantic
infrastructure into Solr.

I would want to contribute your project, be a part of your project. Would
you want to add me to your dev list.

Thanks;
Furkan KAMACI

Re: Subscribing and Contributing/Committer Position

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Furkan,

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> My name is Furkan KAMACI. I am a Senior Java Developer. I am studying
> Machine Learning and related fields at my M.S. Currently I am leading a
> project (a team leader and also a person who loves coding) and I've been
> working about with Solr (I am one of the most active person at mail list:
> search-lucene.com) One of our aims is we will implement a semantic
> infrastructure into Solr.

Apache Stanbol uses Lucene/Solr for a lot of things

* A lot of Enhancement engine do use Solr
    *  e.g. for entity linking (connecting "Paris" mentioned in a Text
with "dbpedia:Paris")
    * the topic engine is also based on Solr
    * the disambiguation-mlt engine uses Solr MLT
* The Entityhub uses it as one option for storing Vocabularies
* The Contenthub uses it for semantic indexing and semantic search

> I would want to contribute your project, be a part of your project. Would
> you want to add me to your dev list.

To join the dev list just send a mail to

    dev-subscribe@stanbol.apache.org

this will add you to the list.

best
Rupert