Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Tremal Naik <tr...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/01 12:53:08 UTC

Locking with Subversion

Hello,
I ask the following because I'm not able to access the
http://subversion.tigris.org/ site.

I noticed that the stable distribution of Linux Debian ships
Subversion 1.1.4 with the same version of the Apache 2 Web-Dav module

The testing distribution has Subversion version 1.3

I need locking and the setting of the svn:needs-lock properties. Is
this functionality provided by Subversion 1.1.4 or should I install a
more recent version?

thanks

--
TREMALNAIK

Re: Locking with Subversion

Posted by Lutz Frommberger <Lu...@gmx.de>.
Tremal Naik <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The testing distribution has Subversion version 1.3

Actually, it's 1.4

regards,
--
Lutz Frommberger                   |  "Wenn ist das Nunstück git und
                                   |   Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund
http://www.aussagekraft.de         |   das Oder die Flipperwaldt
pgp key on request                 |   gersput."    - Ernest Scribbler

Re: Locking with Subversion

Posted by Didier Trosset <di...@acqiris.com>.
Tremal Naik wrote:

> Hello,
> I ask the following because I'm not able to access the
> http://subversion.tigris.org/ site.
>
> I noticed that the stable distribution of Linux Debian ships
> Subversion 1.1.4 with the same version of the Apache 2 Web-Dav module
>
> The testing distribution has Subversion version 1.3
>
> I need locking and the setting of the svn:needs-lock properties. Is
> this functionality provided by Subversion 1.1.4 or should I install a
> more recent version?

Locking is available since version 1.2 of subversion.

If you want to stick with the Debian stable, you can use the backports
repository <http://backports.org/> where you can find subversion
versions 1.2.3 and 1.3.2 to be used with Debian stable.

--
Didier Trosset-Moreau
Acqiris <www.acqiris.com>

AW: Locking with Subversion

Posted by Felix Gilcher <gi...@exozet.com>.
Tremal Naik <ma...@gmail.com> schrieb am Mittwoch, 1. November 2006 13:53:

> Hello,
> I ask the following because I'm not able to access the
> http://subversion.tigris.org/ site.
>
> I noticed that the stable distribution of Linux Debian ships
> Subversion 1.1.4 with the same version of the Apache 2 Web-Dav module
>
> The testing distribution has Subversion version 1.3
>
> I need locking and the setting of the svn:needs-lock properties. Is
> this functionality provided by Subversion 1.1.4 or should I install a
> more recent version?

You need a more recent version. Subversion 1.3.x should be fine.

> thanks

regards

felix

--