Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2015/01/17 17:40:34 UTC

[Discuss] Changing API Context /groups to /cartridgeGroups

Hi Devs,

We recently updated the term "Service Group" with "Cartridge Group" to make
it more sensible in Composite Application Model. The main reason for this
was that those groups are aggregating cartridges, not services.

Even though we did this change we did not update the REST API method
context, it was defined as /groups. Since groups is a more generic term I
have now renamed it to /cartridgeGroups. The reason for this change is that
once we announce 4.1.0-alpha developer preview, we might not be able to do
any changes to the API definition.

With this modification I have updated the REST API Reference documentation
and all the sample applications. If you have any local artifact deployment
scripts please update them accordingly.

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] Changing API Context /groups to /cartridgeGroups

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.
+1 for that change. "cartridgeGroups" will make more sense.

Thanks,
Gayan

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 10:22 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> I have also updated the UI and CLI with this change.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 10:10 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Devs,
>>
>> We recently updated the term "Service Group" with "Cartridge Group" to
>> make it more sensible in Composite Application Model. The main reason for
>> this was that those groups are aggregating cartridges, not services.
>>
>> Even though we did this change we did not update the REST API method
>> context, it was defined as /groups. Since groups is a more generic term I
>> have now renamed it to /cartridgeGroups. The reason for this change is that
>> once we announce 4.1.0-alpha developer preview, we might not be able to do
>> any changes to the API definition.
>>
>> With this modification I have updated the REST API Reference
>> documentation and all the sample applications. If you have any local
>> artifact deployment scripts please update them accordingly.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> --
>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>
>> Technical Lead, WSO2

> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Technical Lead, WSO2

Gayan Gunarathne
Technical Lead
WSO2 Inc. (http://wso2.com)
email  : gayang@wso2.com  | mobile : +94 766819985

Re: [Discuss] Changing API Context /groups to /cartridgeGroups

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.