Posted to users@maven.apache.org by amit kumar <am...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/03 07:27:07 UTC

Difference between and

Hi,
I see to tags in maven-war-plugin, <webappDirectory> and <webResources> tag,
what is the difference between two?

Regards,
Amit

Re: Difference between and

Posted by amit kumar <am...@gmail.com>.
I have used 2.0.2 and even 2.1-alpha-1. CVS files don't get excluded
unless until i use webResources additionally to again point to the
webroot directory and then excluding it.

what works fine for me is

<webappDirectory>${basedir)/webRoot</webappDirectory>
<webResources>
<resource>
<directory>${basedir)/webRoot</directory>
<excludes>
		<exclude>**/CVS</exclude>
			<exclude>**/*.bak</exclude>
		</excludes>
</resource>
</webResources>

I tried like this

<webappDirectory>${basedir)/webRoot</webappDirectory>
<excludes>
		<exclude>**/CVS</exclude>
			<exclude>**/*.bak</exclude>
</excludes>

But did not work, tried all the possible combinations like
<excludes>**/CVS</excludes>, but did not work.

Regards,
Amit

Re: Difference between and

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.