Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by Scot Meyer <sc...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/03 21:50:43 UTC

Current snapshot

Is it possible to get a current snapshot released?  I am willing to test out the current version but cannot find a version that won't give me a NoClassDefFoundError for TilesException when I attempt to use basic functionality.

The current tiles.apache.org website points to many invalid locations for tiles and not the current tiles distribution.  If you need help with this let me know.  I'm currently working on other open source projects so my time is limited but the Tiles project is important to me as I have been using Tiles/Regions ever since I read David Geary's book.

Scot

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/

Re: Current snapshot

Posted by Joe Germuska <jo...@germuska.com>.
I just tried to build a new 2.0.2-SNAPSHOT to the snapshot repo and got this
error:

Downloading:
http://build/m2repo//commons-logging/commons-logging-api/1.1/commons-logging-api-1.1.pom
Reason: Error getting POM for 'commons-logging:commons-logging-api' from the
repository: Error transferring file

And indeed, there is no pom at
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-logging/commons-logging-api/1.1/

who has been able to build Tiles since that was added?  How do you get
around this error?

I haven't had much time to track Tiles development or documentation, so I
can't suggest ways for you to help, but thanks for offering, and if you can
pry away some time, I'm sure there's ways to contribute, especially in
documentation...

Scot, have you tried checking out the code from Subversion and building your
own snapshots?  It's pretty straightforward.  Not that it wouldn't be good
to routinely refresh the publicly available snapshots, but...

Joe

--
Joe Germuska

"The truth is that we learned from João forever to be out of tune."
-- Caetano Veloso

Re: Current snapshot

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/3/4, Joe Germuska <jo...@germuska.com>:
> Any hints?  And Wendy, or someone else who can build, can you kick a
> SNAPSHOT deployment up since that's what started this thread?

I built it and everything is ok.
Just a shoot in the dark, what's your maven-jar-plugin version? I use 2.1.

Antonio

Re: Current snapshot

Posted by Joe Germuska <jo...@germuska.com>.
It does fail; I picked the wrong message out of the output.

Embedded error: The attribute "Implementation-Title" may not occur more than
> once in the same section

I get this with "mvn install" either in .../tiles-framework or
.../tiles-framework/tiles-api

If I remove all of the contents of <archive><manifestEntries> from
tiles-framework/pom.xml then I can build all of tiles-framework

I just updated to maven 2.0.5.  As far as I can tell, I'm all "clean" with
SVN.

Re: Current snapshot

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: Current snapshot