Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com> on 2015/01/19 09:46:25 UTC

Karaf 3.0.x + Jolokia + JMX + RBAC

Hi,

I was experimenting with Karaf 3.0.3-SNAPSHOT plus Jolokia to get some
details about the state of the server.
First I used Jolokia 1.2.4-SNAPSHOT since it supports a configuration based
on config admin service. I was able to point it to use the karaf realm this
way.
Now I still face an issue which I think is due to the "rather new" RBAC
stuff.
Every time I do query for example for the heap usage I'm faced by a
403, Insufficient roles/credentials for operation.

This is rather anoying, one way is to disable RBAC, but that can't be
really a solution.
So does anyone know how to fix this?

regards, Achim

--

Apache Member
Project Lead

Re: Karaf 3.0.x + Jolokia + JMX + RBAC

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Ed,

thanks, I was missing the last.
Instead I removed the
-Djavax.management.builder.initial=org.apache.karaf.management.boot.KarafMBeanServerBuilder
from the bin/karaf shell script. That did also do the trick for me.

will try it with the authMode set to jaas.

regards, Achim

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
FYI:

Regards
JB

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Correct, it's what I did.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Karaf 3.0.x + Jolokia + JMX + RBAC

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I would propose a jolokia feature which installs both the jolokia bundle
and the "ready to use" cfg file.

I will create the Jira for that.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré