Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/27 03:02:06 UTC

LDAP Constants

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to check if there's a class with LDAP
constants in the API.

I have one that I'm using at the moment, and just
adding to as I go along.

It looks like this:

package
com.pyramidetechnologies.webapp.mdc.user.management;

public class LDAPConstants {

	public static String LDAP_MAIL_ATTRIBUTE_NAME =
"mail=";
	public static String LDAP_USER_ID_ATTRIBUTE_NAME =
"uid=";
	public static String
LDAP_USER_PASSWORD_ATTRIBUTE_NAME = "userPassword";
	public static String
LDAP_AUTH_PASSWORD_ATTRIBUTE_NAME = "authPassword";
	public static String LDAP_OBJECT_CLASS =
"objectclass";
	public static String LDAP_OBJECT_CLASS_TOP = "top";
	public static String LDAP_OBJECT_CLASS_PERSON =
"person";
	public static String
LDAP_OBJECT_CLASS_ORGANIZATIONAL_PERSON =
"organizationalPerson";
	public static String
LDAP_OBJECT_CLASS_INET_ORG_PERSON = "inetOrgPerson";

}

It would be great to be able a class like this
integrated with the server API.  The myfaces project
has an HTML.java file with constants for all the HTML
attributes and it's really handy.

Just thought I'd throw it out there to see if we have
one or/and if there's any interest.

Cheers,
- Ole

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: LDAP Constants

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.
Sweet - might fit well in the server side JNDI Service
Provider package.  If we find I home for it, I'll be
glad to keep updating it there.  Meanwhile, I'll just
keep adding to this one, and if anyone wants a copy of
an updated version, I'll just shoot one out, ASF
licensed of coarse.

I'll add a task to JIRA to get this incorporated.
I'll also put a use case for it in the documentation.

Cheers,
- Ole

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: LDAP Constants

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Ole Ersoy a écrit :

>Hey Guys,
>
>Just wanted to check if there's a class with LDAP
>constants in the API.

Sory, nope...