Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org> on 2010/09/19 22:53:26 UTC

SGD example

Hi,

I just tried running the SGD example with the following command line (adapted
from the corresponding JIRA issue):

./bin/mahout org.apache.mahout.classifier.sgd.TrainLogistic --passes 100 --rate
50 --lambda 0.001 --input examples/src/main/resources/donut.csv --features 21 --
output donut.model --target color --categories 2 --predictors x y xx xy yy a b c
--types n n

When running the code above I ran into a few NullPointerExceptions - I was able
to fix them with a few tiny changes. If not stripped they should be attached to
this mail to highlight the lines of code that caused the trouble. However I was
wondering whether I simply used the wrong command line.

Isabel

Re: SGD example

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Make that MAHOUT-511

Re: SGD example

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Fixed with Mahout-501

Re: SGD example

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
I may quite well have broken that code with recent changes.  I will look
into it.