Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jerzy Kut <je...@rzeszow.tiger.com.pl> on 2002/02/28 11:18:04 UTC

C2 + SOAP ?

Can C2 cooperates with SOAP? How?
Is it only pure Java cooperation (own actions or logicsheets) or is there
possible any expolit it from XSP or XML?
Sorry if my question is a little precisious.

Best regards

Jerzy Kut

Re: Help connection Cocoon2 to Oracle8

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
giuseppe.devincenzi@tiscali.it wrote:
> Hello,
> I am not able to connect to Oracle8i database.

> The database driver is classes102.zip and I am able to connect to the same
> database with same driver with standalone java application.
> Environment is Tomcat 4,  C2 & windows2000

Do you use the same java compiler and vm for cocoon and the standalone
program ? I had some trouble with Oracle and jdk 1.4 .

--
Martin Holz
<ho...@fiz-chemie.de>

RE: Help connection Cocoon2 to Oracle8

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it>.

It should be classes12.zip... a typo in the message maybe ?

Anyhow, I use Oracle 8.1.7, on: Windows 2000, Tomcat 4.0.1 and Cocoon 2.0
(and it works).

These are the parameters I use:

web.xml (the one located under $TOMCAT_HOME\webassp\cocoon\WEB-INF
    <init-param>
      <param-name>load-class</param-name>
      <param-value>
  		oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
      </param-value>
    </init-param>

cocoon.xconf
<datasources>
	<jdbc name="noria">
		<pool-controller min="5" max="10" oradb="true"/>
	    <dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:ORCL3</dburl>
		<user>noria</user>
		<password>noria</password>
	</jdbc>
</datasources>

Where ORCL3 is the instance's name

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org

Help connection Cocoon2 to Oracle8

Posted by gi...@tiscali.it.
Hello,
I am not able to connect to Oracle8i database.

  Error creating the resource
  Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate()
  details
  from
  source org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException
description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate():
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get the datasource java.sql.SQLException:
There are no connections in the pool, check your settings.

  extra info
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate():
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get the datasource java.sql.SQLException:
There are no connections in the pool, check your settings.

 org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate():
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get the datasource java.sql.SQLException:
There are no connections in the pool, check your settings.
	at org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator.generate(ServerPagesGenerator.java:212)

	at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.process(CachingEventPipeline.java:210)

	at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(CachingStreamPipeline.java:359)

	at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.wildcardMatchN400421(sitemap_xmap.java:6911)

	at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:2919)
	at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:2469)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:163)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:114)
	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:647)

	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:1264)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:243)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:215)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2366)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)

	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:462)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:163)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)

	at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:1005)

	at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1098)

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get the datasource java.sql.SQLException:
There are no connections in the pool, check your settings.

Sitemap.xmap
<!--  Prova Prova Prova Prova Prova Prova Prova Prova Prova -->
  <map:match pattern="visualizza/*">
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="visualizza/{1}.xsp"/>
       <map:transform type="sql">
       <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="test_oracle_pool"/>
       </map:transform>
   <!-- <map:transform src="visualizza/dynamica-page2html.xsl">
        <map:parameter name="view-source" value="visualizza/{1}.xsp"/>
    </map:transform>
   -->

    <map:serialize/>
   </map:match>
<!--  Prova Prova Prova Prova Prova Prova Prova Prova Prova -->

Coccon.xconf

   <datasources>
         <jdbc name="personnel" logger="core.datasources.personnel">
      <!--
          If you have an Oracle database, and are using the the
      pool-controller below, you should add the attribute
      "oradb" and set it to true.

      <pool-controller min="5" max="10" oradb="true"/>

      That way the test to see if the server has disconnected
      the JdbcConnection will function properly.
      -->
      <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
      <!--
          If you need to ensure an autocommit is set to true or
      false, then create the "auto-commit" element below.

      <auto-commit>false</auto-commit>

      The default is true.
      -->
      <dburl>jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost:9002</dburl>
      <user>sa</user>
      <password></password>
    </jdbc>
  <!--  <component-instance name="test_oracle_pool" class="org.apache.avalon.util.datasource.JdbcDataSource">
-->
   <jdbc name="test_oracle_pool">
      <!-- Don't forget the oradb parameter for Oracle!!! -->
	<pool-controller min="5" max="10" oradb="true"/>
	<dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@server:1521:oras</dburl>
	<user>d</user>
	<password>g</password>
   </jdbc>
     <!--  </component-instance>   -->
</datasources>

web.xml
      <init-param>
      <param-name>load-class</param-name>
      <param-value>

        <!-- For IBM WebSphere:
        com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler -->

        <!-- For Database Driver: -->

           org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver

        <!-- For ORACLE Database Driver: -->
           oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

        <!-- For parent ComponentManager sample:
        org.apache.cocoon.samples.parentcm.Configurator
        -->
      </param-value>
    </init-param>

The database driver is classes102.zip and I am able to connect to the same
database with same driver with standalone java application.
Environment is Tomcat 4,  C2 & windows2000
Any help on this will be highly appreciated

Thanks

Abbonati a Tiscali!
Con Tiscali By Phone puoi anche ascoltare ed inviare email al telefono.
Chiama Tiscali By Phone all' 892 800        http://byphone.tiscali.it

Re: C2 + SOAP ?

Posted by yuryx <yu...@mobicomk.donpac.ru>.
Jerzy Kut wrote:

>Can C2 cooperates with SOAP? How?
>Is it only pure Java cooperation (own actions or logicsheets) or is there
>possible any expolit it from XSP or XML?
>Sorry if my question is a little precisious.
>
>Best regards
>
>Jerzy Kut

See Xscript and SOAP examples...

Regards