Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rick Reumann <ma...@reumann.net> on 2002/09/06 21:05:14 UTC

any way to get just two days of logger files?

If I set the timestamp value to "false" in the logger settings like
below:

 directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_log." suffix=".txt"
 timestamp="false"/>

Will this only keep one day of log files or will it just be one file
that gets keeps getting larger?

Ideally what I would like is the logger fields in the server.xml to
only log the current day and keep a one day previous log. Is the only
way to accomplish this is to have some thread or script run that will
delete older files as they are no longer needed?

Thanks for any help.

--

Rick
mailto:maillist@reumann.net