Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by bluey <ke...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/19 08:47:19 UTC

Assertion result is HTTP Requestion name

Hi, i am a super Newbie to Jmeter. wish to learn from you all.

Now i have a problem.  I want to perform function testing on my web GUI.
Firstly, i use Badboy to record the query procedure and export it as jmx
file. I add "Response Assertion" as the child of my query request. I select
"Txt Response""Contain" and add following (input type="text"
name="statusMessage" maxlength="15" size="25" value="Completed-Successful")
which is copied from the expected html file. After that, i add Assertion
result, when i run my test plan, the Assertion result display only my HTTP
query request name, not whether there are any matching of my expected
result.

Can anyone help to explain how to take out html reponse result to compare
with expected result?
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16139108/1.jpg
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16139108/2.jpg
Thanks a lot.

Re: Assertion result is HTTP Requestion name

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 19/03/2008, bluey <ke...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Hi, i am a super Newbie to Jmeter. wish to learn from you all.
>
>  Now i have a problem.  I want to perform function testing on my web GUI.
>  Firstly, i use Badboy to record the query procedure and export it as jmx
>  file. I add "Response Assertion" as the child of my query request. I select
>  "Txt Response""Contain" and add following (input type="text"
>  name="statusMessage" maxlength="15" size="25" value="Completed-Successful")
>  which is copied from the expected html file. After that, i add Assertion
>  result, when i run my test plan, the Assertion result display only my HTTP
>  query request name, not whether there are any matching of my expected
>  result.

That's what the Assertion Listener does - it only displays an error
message for failed responses.

>  Can anyone help to explain how to take out html reponse result to compare
>  with expected result?

See:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Save_Responses_to_a_file

Re: Assertion result is HTTP Request name

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Please don't post the same question multiple times to the list.