Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/15 21:32:13 UTC

Swagger doc for fineract-cn

Hello Gents,
is there any swagger docs for fineract-cn?
BR,
Giorgio

Re: Swagger doc for fineract-cn

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Hi Giorgio, checking in on this thread to see if you made any progress on
swagger for Fineract CN APIs.

Once we have the APIs in the Swagger format, I can share access to a
Postman developer portal we are trying to set up where we can import all
these APIs in swagger format and publish as more of a developer portal
format.

Ed

Posted by Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com>.
Ok,

Posted by Juhan Aasaru <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone!

Fineract-CN has no Swagger.

We have used Postman scripts to document the provisioning process,
these can be found here:
https://github.com/apache/fineract-cn-docker-compose

The advantage of Postman scripts over Swagger is that you often need to run
a lot of steps in a row and the output of some call needs to be used as
input parameter
to some next call. With Swagger you would need a lot of copy pasting around
but
with Postman you can use variables for storing and passing these values
around.

But of course having Swagger would help to identify what API-s exist at
first place.
Currently you have to read the code for that. You can find the
RestControllers of
each micro service from a locations like these:

https://github.com/apache/fineract-cn-identity/tree/develop/service/src/main/java/org/apache/fineract/cn/identity/rest
https://github.com/apache/fineract-cn-accounting/tree/develop/service/src/main/java/org/apache/fineract/cn/accounting/service/rest

Juhan

Kontakt Ed Cable (<ed...@mifos.org>) kirjutas kuupäeval E, 16. märts 2020