Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dimitri Yioulos <dy...@firstbhph.com> on 2006/05/01 17:32:33 UTC

Re: OT spammers

On Saturday April 29 2006 12:44 am, Richard Ozer wrote:
> I've purchased HUNDREDS of fake degrees and I feel much smarter because of
> it!
>
> Serious answer.... many spammers are probably paid per email.  Others
> figure that more retries to a given address will result in a higher
> likelihood of the mail being read (or read by accident).  But you are
> right... it sure looks bizarre from the outside...
>
> RO

What I don't get is who in his/her right mind would respond to a piece of spam
that uses so much obfuscation as to be almost unreadable.  But, as they say,
if it didn't work nobody would be doing it.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.

Re: OT spammers

Posted by Dimitri Yioulos <dy...@firstbhph.com>.
On Tuesday May 02 2006 1:55 am, Loren Wilton wrote:
> > What I don't get is who in his/her right mind would respond to a piece of
>
> spam
>
> > that uses so much obfuscation as to be almost unreadable.  But, as they
>
> say,
>
> > if it didn't work nobody would be doing it.
>
> Perhaps spammer's targets are poor enough at grammar and spelling that they
> don't realize the message is obfuscated?
>
>         Loren

So, they get what they deserve.  But, I do feel sorry for the dyslexics.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.

Re: OT spammers

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.