Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kristian Rink <kr...@zimmer428.net> on 2005/11/29 08:22:40 UTC

unix user auth within servlets/jsps?

Re: unix user auth within servlets/jsps?

Posted by Kristian Rink <kr...@zimmer428.net>.
Hi Tim,@list;

Tim Funk schrieb:
> I think there is a JAAS plugin which allows unix password authentication
> so using JaasRealm will probably be the way to go.

So I'll see whether I can find something appropriate for that and give
it a try - thanks.

> I think somewhere on sun.com there are some jsp / servlet mailing lists.

Hmm, so far I haven't yet found any useful ones; there's a bunch of
-interest lists which seem to be dead or asleep...

Anyhow, thanks and bye,
Kris

--
Kristian Rink *  http://zimmer428.net * jab: kawazu@jabber.ccc.de
icq: 48874445 *  fon: ++49 176 2447 2771

"Be yourself the kind of change you want to see in this world." (Gandhi)

Re: unix user auth within servlets/jsps?

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
I think there is a JAAS plugin which allows unix password authentication so
using JaasRealm will probably be the way to go.

I think somewhere on sun.com there are some jsp / servlet mailing lists.

-Tim