Posted to users@maven.apache.org by edward eric pedersson <cp...@googlemail.com> on 2008/11/27 11:54:10 UTC

interfaces only jar

Hi

I have one eclipse project but I would like to assemble two separate
jars for distribution - one with just the interfaces and the other
with just the concrete classes. And hopefully the pom dependencies
will be taken care of magically but that is not that important. Is
there an assembly plugin that does this already? I would like to avoid
having to create separate eclipse projects.

Also, I am not naming my classes with the "I" prefix e.g. IUser as we
don't use that convention.

Many thanks for any help.

--

-- e

Re: interfaces only jar

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
You can use the jar plugin to create the separate JAR and do the
includes/excludes yourself, but the dependencies will not be optional
as they'll share a single POM.

Separating the projects is a better practice and clearer what is
intended all round. Eclipse integration is intelligent enough now to
make the separation a minor detail in development time.

- Brett

On 27/11/2008, at 9:54 PM, edward eric pedersson wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have one eclipse project but I would like to assemble two separate
> jars for distribution - one with just the interfaces and the other
> with just the concrete classes. And hopefully the pom dependencies
> will be taken care of magically but that is not that important. Is
> there an assembly plugin that does this already? I would like to avoid
> having to create separate eclipse projects.
>
> Also, I am not naming my classes with the "I" prefix e.g. IUser as we
> don't use that convention.
>
> Many thanks for any help.
>
> --
>

> -- e