Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Sven Vogel <sv...@apache.org> on 2019/11/08 15:30:22 UTC

Re: project stand as Fosdem

Hi Giles,

some news from Fosdem?

Cheers,

Sven Vogel
Apache CloudStack PMC

On Friday, 09/20/2019 at 15:26 Sven Vogel wrote:

 Sounds good Giles! we are waiting for info....

Cheers,

Sven Vogel
Apache CloudStack PMC

On Thursday, 09/19/2019 at 00:10 Giles Sirett wrote:

 Hi Sven - yes, Brussels - great that you guys can help As there have
been no objections, I submitted a request for a project stand today.
They seem to be in heavy demand, so no guarantee. Will keep people
updated here

Kind Regards

Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 [1] | M: +44 796 111 2055 [2]

Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com [3]

giles.sirett@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

On 18 Sep 2019, at 22:12, Sven Vogel  wrote:

 Hi Giles,

I think it’s a good idea. I would help and volunteer.

It’s in Brussel right?

I think two people from us will be there.

Cheers,

Sven Vogel
Apache CloudStack PMC

Am Dienstag, den 09/17/2019 um 14:07 schrieb Giles Sirett:

[sent to marketing@ , CCd to private@  for visibility  - please
discuss on marketing@]

At CCC, I was speaking to a few people who are intending on going to
Fosdem next year (1-2 February)

I think it would be good if Apache Cloudstack can get a project stand
at Fosdem  [1]

So, questions:

 1.  Do people think this is a good idea ? Any objections ?

 2.  Assuming yes, I'm happy to reach out to Fosdem and see if we
can get it setup. Are people happy for me to do so ?

 3.  Who can volunteer to help with the stand?  - I think I counted
3-4 people (myself included) who are intending on  being there. The
requirements are that at least 2 people man the stand at all times.

We'd need to move quickly - the deadline is 1 November [2] and it
looks like stands are already filling up

[1] https://fosdem.org/2020/stands/

[2] https://submission.fosdem.org/submission/stand

Kind regards

Giles

giles.sirett@shapeblue.com

www.shapeblue.com [4]

Amadeus House, Floral Street, London  WC2E 9DPUK

@shapeblue

Links:
------
[1] tel:+44%2020%203603%200541
[2] tel:+44%20796%20111%202055
[3] mailto:giles.sirett@shapeblue.com
[4] http://www.shapeblue.com

RE: project stand as Fosdem

Posted by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com>.
Sven
I *think* that the stands on the website are the stands from the last Fosdem , as you’re right that the stand selection isn’t actually announced until 11th (today)

It looks like there has historically been a generic Apache stand there (I think that’s what Daan is alluding to) . I see a specific ACS stand as a different use-case to an Apache stand (foundation level)  Other Apache projects have had their own stands in the past

However, of course, there is a risk that the organisers see ACS as an Apache project and just tell us to combine with the other stand

Lets wait and see

Kind regards
Giles

Re: project stand as Fosdem