Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Ryan Gantt <ga...@cs.montana.edu> on 2004/07/13 18:18:56 UTC

How does Intake map to objects?

Hello,

I added an entry for a new form group into my intake.xml file:

	<group name="AnmsrchFormGroup"key="Asfg"
mapToObject="org.simmental.webmods.modules.taglibs.anmsrch.AnmRec">
		<field name="BirthWeight" key="Abw" type="String">
			<rule name="mask" value="^$|[0-9]*">Please provide a numeric
value</rule>
		</field>
		<field name="BirthWeightOpt" key="Abwo" type="String">
		</field>
	</group>

I have it set to map to
org.simmental.webmods.modules.taglibs.anmsrch.Anmrec. I'm just wondering
exactly HOW it maps to this object. Does it take each key and search for
the accessor/mutator associated to that key? Or is it the field name? I
really have no clue.

If someone could just really quickly run me through the process of how
the Intake service maps it's fields, that would be awesome.

Thanks
--
Ryan Gantt

Active Evolution