Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Steven Wren <st...@server101.com> on 2001/04/09 04:07:54 UTC

optimizing mySQL connections

Hey

I have been trying to optimize my mod-perl scripts, by following some of
the instructions at http://perl.apache.org/guide/performance.html.  I have
added my mod-perl modules to my startup.pl file for Apache - along with
usual stuff and CGI, Apache::DBI and DBI->install_driver("mysql");

When I stop-start apache, i get the following entries in the mysql log:
842 Connect    root@localhost on server101
842 Quit
843 Connect    root@localhost on server101
843 Quit
844 Connect    root@localhost on server101
844 Quit

and on, it just keeps repeating until i kill apache again.

What should i be looking for in my modperl modules that would cause this?
Is it launching each connection for each server on startup(STARTSERVERS)?

What am i missing here?

When I put the modules in the startup, there is a fair bit more memory
shared - just the mysql connections at startup are a problem.

What can I do?  Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks for your help

Regards,

Steven Wren
stevenw@server101.com
http://www.server101.com
Webhosting and E-commerce Solutions

The world is not only stranger than we suppose,
it is stranger than we can suppose.
		-J.B.S. Haldane