Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/08 02:33:37 UTC

Re: preparing for the 0.8 final release

Hi, Everyone,

I made another pass of the remaining jiras that we plan to fix in the 0.8
final release.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-954?jql=project%20%3D%20KAFKA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%220.8%22%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened%2C%20%22Patch%20Available%22)

Do people agree with this list?

Joe,

I don't have good understanding of KAFKA-1018. Do you think this needs to
be fixed in 0.8 final?

Thanks,

Jun

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me too.

-Jay

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me too.

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me.

Thanks,
Neha

Re: Re: how can i use offset filter the msg

Posted by "kojie.fu" <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guozhang.

thanks to your reply ,we manage this problem.

i will file it to the jira.

and now we compute the relation from the metris info.

kojie.fu

From: Guozhang Wang
Date: 2013-10-21 23:11
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: Re: how can i use offset filter the msg
Hi Kojie,

As Jun's FAQ indicates, today the only way you can do is to set/reset the
offset directly with Zookeeper. In addition, currently we do not have
correlations between offsets and timestamps, meaning that given a timestamp
you can not tell which message's offset is produced at around that time.
Can you file a jira about keeping track of the correlation between offsets
and timestamps?

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang

Re: Re: how can i use offset filter the msg

Posted by "kojie.fu" <ko...@gmail.com>.
yes,thanks.that is what  we wanted !

we now use the metrics info [LogEndOffset] compute the offset  some seconds ago in each partition.
and then use importZKOffsets ,It  works !

thanks very much!

kojie.fu

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kojie,

--
-- Guozhang

Re: Re: how can i use offset filter the msg

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.

回复kojie.fu的问题

Posted by linghongbo008 <li...@gmail.com>.
 这个意识是这样的,我们有一个如下的场景:
一个A系统往kafka队列写消息,一个B系统负责从kafka消费消息
现可能由于某种原因B系统无法读取kafka的消息,此时A系统还一直在往队列写消息,所以当我们把B系统
修复起来后(比如说花了2天时间修复了),我们不想让B系统还从原来的offset读取数据,而是想从某个时间点开始读取数据,
不知道kafka有类似的 时间戳和offset对应的接口没?

From: Guozhang Wang
Date: 2013-10-21 12:49
To: users@kafka.apache.org; kojie.fu

--
-- Guozhang

Re: how can i use offset filter the msg

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
-- Guozhang

how can i use offset filter the msg

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
The fetch thread uses multi-fetch. Have you looked at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/FAQ#FAQ-Whymessagesaredelayedinmyconsumer%3F,
which may be related to your issue.

Thanks,

Jun

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com>.
Ok,

Posted by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com>.
Ok,

Posted by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com>.
I'll try to, next time it hangs!

Posted by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com>.
I'll try to, next time it hangs!

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com>.

Posted by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com>.

Posted by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com>.

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me.

Thanks,
Neha

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.
Sounds good, yup!

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly
 Twitter: @allthingshadoop

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.
Sounds good, yup!

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Everyone,

Posted by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com>.
Jun,

KAFKA-1018 should be fixed in 0.8 final I can post a patch or review.

+1 on the list for whats left

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Everyone,

Posted by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com>.