Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <bp...@f2network.com.au> on 2003/12/08 23:36:51 UTC

clarification of confusion over branches

Hi all,

There seems to be some confusion over the current branches.

Inactive:
MAVEN_RC1_REFACTOR - Jason's initial attempt, no longer builds or
maintained.
MAVEN_RC2_UNSTABLE - my work, since moved and branch closed.

Active:
MAVEN-1_0-BRANCH - my work, and what should go live for Maven 1.0
HEAD - Maven 1.1.

State of MAVEN-1_0-BRANCH:
bootstraps, but has bugs. Not recommended for any end users.
Please do not recommend this on the maven-user list (or even the -dev list)
- recommend they get the RC1 release. There is nothing they need in CVS
HEAD.

If they want newer plugins, they can use that CVS repository.

Incidentally, I have closed in much more on the particular bug that has been
plaguing me - it is not the reactor as I first though, but the attainment of
multiple goals in one werkz project. I think I have it nailed. That leaves
just the classloader issues and some tidy up before we get stable again.

Cheers,
Brett

Re: clarification of confusion over branches

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 17:36, Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There seems to be some confusion over the current branches.
>
> Inactive:
> MAVEN_RC1_REFACTOR - Jason's initial attempt, no longer builds or
> maintained.
> MAVEN_RC2_UNSTABLE - my work, since moved and branch closed.
>
> Active:
> MAVEN-1_0-BRANCH - my work, and what should go live for Maven 1.0
> HEAD - Maven 1.1.

Ok, now I'm even more confused. Where did the working code go that was
in HEAD before the switch-a-roo?

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl