Posted to dev@ponymail.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/13 23:15:57 UTC

Is Python sufficiently performant compared with Lua?

I've come across a few articles that suggest that Lua is much more
performant than Python.

Have any tests been done on this?

Sebb.

Re: Is Python sufficiently performant compared with Lua?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 at 00:21, Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sebb,
>
> Debian has a page to compare programming languages for different types of
> algorithms.
>
> You can check Python3 vs. Lua from there:
> https://benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/fastest/lua-python3.html

Thanks, but as far as I can tell, those are not really relevant to PonyMail.

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebb,