Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Aj...@iflexsolutions.com on 2008/02/04 08:18:11 UTC

web service too slow

Hi Group,

Does having axis return 2000 records of data will make it slow?

The response time is around 7-9 seconds.

Any pointers...?

Thanks,

Ajit

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is intended only for an individual named. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute, store, print, copy or deliver this message. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. The sender, therefore,  does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version.

Re: web service too slow

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
> I was wondering if the delay in the response could perhaps come down if I
> use Axis 2 as it makes use of enhanced & efficient parser.

Definitely. On large XMLs like you have you should see a big
performance difference with Axis2 (at least 6x maybe 10x).

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

RE: web service too slow

Posted by Aj...@iflexsolutions.com.
Hi Group,

I believe, Axis uses some kind of parser...

I am not dealing with any XML myself...

________________________________

Re: web service too slow

Re: web service too slow

Posted by Pratiksha Powar <pr...@onmobile.com>.
Hi Ajit,

Axis 1.4 takes a long time to create the SOAP message.
So more the number of rows in your recordset more will be
the time to create the message.
But I have heard that Axis 2 gives better performance in this regard.
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
Pratiksha

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 12:48 +0530, Ajit.Kamalakant@iflexsolutions.com

Re: web service too slow

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
It should be able to handle 2000 records faster than that, but it
depends what the records are. If they are complex types, then that may
explain it.
You might be much better with Axis2. Here is some comparitive
performance that shows Axis2 is 6-10 times faster.

Paul