Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Dominique Rondé <do...@codecentric.de> on 2016/03/17 13:39:49 UTC

How to start with the first Kafka Message

Hi folks,

i have a kafka topic with messages from the last 7 days. Now i have a
new flink streaming process and like to consume the messages from the
beginning. If I just bring up the topology, the consumer starts from
this moment and not from beginning.

THX

Dominique

Re: How to start with the first Kafka Message

Posted by Dominique Rondé <do...@codecentric.de>.
I just place the parameterTool.getProperties() in the
FlinkKafkaConsumer082 constructor. Now I am able to decide with
--auto.offset.reset smallest at the commandline each time i start up a
route.

Thanks for your hints!

Dominique

--
Dominique Rondé | Senior Consultant

codecentric AG | Kreuznacherstrasse 30 | 60486 Frankfurt | Deutschland
mobil: +49 (0) 172.7182592
www.codecentric.de | blog.codecentric.de | www.meettheexperts.de | www.more4fi.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Solingen | HRB 25917| Amtsgericht Wuppertal
Vorstand: Michael Hochgürtel . Mirko Novakovic . Rainer Vehns
Aufsichtsrat: Patric Fedlmeier (Vorsitzender) . Klaus Jäger . Jürgen Schütz

Re: How to start with the first Kafka Message

Posted by Balaji Rajagopalan <ba...@olacabs.com>.

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Dominique,