Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Aaron Cody <ac...@hexiscyber.com> on 2014/04/03 03:43:49 UTC

default user and password

where in the source can I change the default ambari-web login from
admin/admin to something else?

TIA

Re: default user and password

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Ambari users Spring's StandardPasswordEncoder to create password hashes.
The easiest way is to change the "admin" user's password to the desired
password via the UI, and look in the "users" table to see what it changed
to.

Yusaku

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 6:54 PM, Aaron Cody <ac...@hexiscyber.com> wrote:

> thanks .. and what do I use to generate that encrypted string?
>
> From: Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>
> Date: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 at 6:45 PM
> To: "user@ambari.apache.org" <us...@ambari.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: default user and password
>
> It's in the DDL script.
> Take a look at
> https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/src/main/resources/Ambari-DDL-Postgres-CREATE.sql
> .
>
> INSERT INTO ambari.Users (user_id, user_name, user_password)
>   SELECT 1, 'admin', '538916f8943ec225d97a9a86a2c6ec0818c1cd400e09e03b660fdaaec4af29ddbb6f2b1033b81b00';
>

> On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 6:43 PM, Aaron Cody <ac...@hexiscyber.com> wrote:
>
>> where in the source can I change the default ambari-web login from
>> admin/admin to something else?
>>
>> TIA
>>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: default user and password

Posted by Aaron Cody <ac...@hexiscyber.com>.
thanks .. and what do I use to generate that encrypted string?

From:  Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>
Date:  Wednesday, April 2, 2014 at 6:45 PM
To:  "user@ambari.apache.org" <us...@ambari.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: default user and password

It's in the DDL script.
Take a look at
https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/src/main/resources
/Ambari-DDL-Postgres-CREATE.sql.

INSERT INTO ambari.Users (user_id, user_name, user_password)
  SELECT 1, 'admin',
'538916f8943ec225d97a9a86a2c6ec0818c1cd400e09e03b660fdaaec4af29ddbb6f2b1033b
81b00';

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 6:43 PM, Aaron Cody <ac...@hexiscyber.com> wrote:
> where in the source can I change the default ambari-web login from admin/admin
> to something else?
>
> TIA

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or forwarding of
communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it
from your system. Thank You.

Re: default user and password

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
It's in the DDL script.