Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by robertkwild <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/04 20:49:14 UTC

add new connections via the web

hi all,

i have installed guacamole on a centos 7 machine and so far so good

i would like to add/edit a new connection via the web interface instead of
via the config file "user-mapping.xml"

is this possible please

cheers,
rob

Re: add new connections via the web

Posted by robertkwild <ro...@gmail.com>.
smashed it!!!

so i put both jar files here -

/usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole/extensions/guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-0.9.14.jar

/usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole/lib/mysql-connector-java-8.0.11.jar

and my "guacamole.properties" looks like this -

# MySQL properties
mysql-hostname: localhost
mysql-port: 3306
mysql-database: guacamole_db
mysql-username: guacamole_user
mysql-password: guacamole_pw

thanks for your help in this much appreciated

Re: add new connections via the web

Posted by robertkwild <ro...@gmail.com>.
Mmm...

What about if i put the extensions folder and lib folder here -

/var/lib/tomcat

Ie in tomcat web folder

Re: add new connections via the web

Posted by robertkwild <ro...@gmail.com>.
yes

now i have royally fudged it up as reverting back to using guacamole
database now doesnt work

Re: add new connections via the web

Posted by Paul Cantle <pa...@cantle.me>.
If you do it that way, you need to restart the machine for that file change to take effect. Have you rebooted since making that change?

On Sat, May 5, 2018 at 12:04 AM +0100, "robertkwild" <ro...@gmail.com>> wrote:

selinux is disabled i edited the "/etc/selinux/config"

if it helps when i used the guacamole database it was working so i must be
doing something wrong with the mariadb setup

Re: add new connections via the web

Posted by robertkwild <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Cantle <pa...@cantle.me>.
I’ve seen this before...Assuming everything is setup correctly, you may be hitting an SELINUX issue (if it’s in enforcing mode). You can check by running sestatus

If it’s enforcing, you can temporarily turn it off by running

setenforce 0

To temporarily set it to permissive. Then try to login. If that works, you have a few options (disable it entirely, configure it correctly, disable it just for SQL/guac)

Rgds

Paul

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 11:38 PM +0100, "robertkwild" <ro...@gmail.com>> wrote:

so far so good

so in my "/etc/guacamole/extensions/" i have this -

guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-0.9.14.jar

and in my "/etc/guacamole/lib/" i have this -

mysql-connector-java.jar

and my "guacamole.properties" looks like this -

# MySQL properties
mysql-hostname: localhost
mysql-port: 3306
mysql-database: guacamole_db
mysql-username: guacamole_user
mysql-password: my password

but when i try to login using guacadmin in both username and password it
says invalid login

Re: add new connections via the web

Posted by Paul Cantle <pa...@cantle.me>.
Hi,

The doco is pretty good -  https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/0.9.14/gug/jdbc-auth.html#idm140500642412704

In there, you'll notice under the /mysql section this snippet:

The MySQL JDBC driver is not included with the extension. You must obtain the JDBC driver .jar yourself from MySQL's website. The driver is known as "Connector/J", and the required .jar will be within a .tar.gz archive.

The URL for the download is - https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/ and from there you can select the correct O/S, etc.

Rgds

Paul

On 04/05/2018, 22:39, "robertkwild" <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

    where is the JDBC driver located as i need to copy it to "/etc/guacamole/lib"

    Copy the JDBC driver for your database to GUACAMOLE_HOME/lib. Without a JDBC
    driver for your database, Guacamole will not be able to connect and
    authenticate users.

Re: add new connections via the web

Posted by mdbarber <md...@aol.com>.
it is a shame that this hasn't been done, i have a friend who has spent
all his redundancy on a small startup which cannot afford the mass of
software licences to go with a microsoft setup especially cost of
licences from the likes of logmein.
To have to remove resources his older second hand server can barely
spare to have a database for his 3 remote users and 5 local machines is
a bit ott.

robertkwild wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i have installed guacamole on a centos 7 machine and so far so good
>
> i would like to add/edit a new connection via the web interface instead of
> via the config file "user-mapping.xml"
>
> is this possible please
>
> cheers,
> rob

---

Re: add new connections via the web

Posted by robertkwild <ro...@gmail.com>.
found the right directory to run the command -

cd
/guacamole/guacamole-client-0.9.14/extensions/guacamole-auth-jdbc/modules/guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql/

Re: add new connections via the web

Posted by robertkwild <ro...@gmail.com>.
thanks for the quick response

i have installed mariadb-server and i have created the database, the user,
grant and flushed it

now im stuck on this section -

Once the database and user are created, the database schema must be applied
by running the supplied SQL scripts. These SQL scripts are included in the
mysql/schema/ directory of the archive you downloaded from the Guacamole
website. They are named such that they can be run in order with one command:

$ ls schema/
001-create-schema.sql  002-create-admin-user.sql  upgrade
$ cat schema/*.sql | mysql -u root -p guacamole_db
Enter password: password
$

how can i do this bit as when i do a "ls schema/" i get no such file or
directory

Re: add new connections via the web

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.org>.
On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 1:49 PM, robertkwild <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i have installed guacamole on a centos 7 machine and so far so good
>
> i would like to add/edit a new connection via the web interface instead of
> via the config file "user-mapping.xml"
>
> is this possible please

Yes: http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/administration.html

As described at the above link, you will need to use one of the database
extensions for this interface to be present:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/jdbc-auth.html

- Mike