Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2015/05/29 17:07:19 UTC

getting a software grant for the cas-obj submissions, and doing IP clearance

Hi,

Because I'm beginning to like the various trade-offs embodied in much of the
Cas-Obj proposal, in order to work with more easily, I'd like to get it into a
spot in our SVN.

To enable doing this, I'd like to ask Nick H. to provide a software grant for
it, and do the IP - clearance for it.

Before I proceed along this path, does anyone have other opinions on this as a
next step?

-Marshall

Re: getting a software grant for the cas-obj submissions, and doing IP clearance

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Nope, I think that the right way to proceed...

Peter

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
OK.  So Nick, please get the company lawyers to do a Corporate Contributor
License Agreement (CCLA) or an Apache Software Grant for this.

Here's a short description of these https://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas ; read
the sections on Contributor License Agreements (CLA) (where it talks about the
Corporate CLA (Contributor License Agreement) and the Software Grant; there are
links to both forms.

Of these two alternative forms, I would suggest you get your company to do the
CCLA (which includes a Software Grant form) - that way, you get them to document
that they're allowing you in particular to work on UIMA things in open source.

Once this is received, we'll do the IP clearance and move this into an SVN spot.

Also, please do a personal CLA.  Thanks!

-Marshall

Posted by Nick Hill <ap...@nickhill.org>.

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
That is a good next step.