Posted to users@jena.apache.org by "Pardipuram, Rajan" <Ra...@ManTech.com> on 2011/03/23 21:45:36 UTC

How to generate and store Lucene indexes in Oracle database

Hi,

We are currently evaluating Jena SDB. We intend to use it as an RDF store with Oracle 11g database. We would like to use Lucene indexes for free text searches.

Is it possible to create Lucene indexes using ARQ and store the indexes in the Oracle database? Is there a way to do this using the command line utilities provided by ARQ? ARQ utility larqbuilder doesn't seem have an option to store the indexes in the database.
Thanks,

Rajan

Re: How to generate and store Lucene indexes in Oracle database

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.
Pardipuram, Rajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are currently evaluating Jena SDB. We intend to use it as an RDF store with Oracle 11g database. We would like to use Lucene indexes for free text searches.
>
> Is it possible to create Lucene indexes using ARQ and store the indexes in the Oracle database?

People normally store Lucene indexes on disk not in an Oracle database.

Why do you want to store Lucene indexes in the Oracle database?

Paolo