Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Vasily Zakharov <vm...@apache.org> on 2008/04/10 19:15:27 UTC

Updating svn:ignore lists

When trying to create a patch in an already-built environment, a lot
of build-generated directories get in the way.
Probably they need to be added to the corresponding SVN ignore lists.

I've created a GERONIMO-3957 for that, and provided patches for trunk,
branches/2.1, branches/2.0 and tags/2.1.0.

I hope it would be useful.

Vasily

Re: Updating svn:ignore lists

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Lets start a discuss thread, since we should be using the same svn props
across all the Geronimo subprojects and need input from Devtools,
gbuilds, tck and others to make sure we don't break anything....

-Donald

Posted by Vasily Zakharov <vm...@apache.org>.
Donald,

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vasily Zakharov <vm...@apache.org>.
Jason, Donald,

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Jason Warner <ja...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Vasily Zakharov <vm...@apache.org> wrote:

> No, I don't think is a Tortoise problem indeed.
> It just proposes to add to the patch all new (not added to SVN) files
> it sees in the working directory unless they're put to svn:ignore
> lists.
> Looks pretty logical and intuitive to me. :)

Oh, ok.  Yeah.  I see that now.  It is pretty nice, actually. My mistake.

> Anyway, I'm not crying in despair :), I just see that in some cases
> svn:ignore lists are properly maintained and include all the generated
> directories, and in some cases they're not, and I think that it
> probably worths to be consistent in this matter. :)

Sounds good to me.  Thanks for clearing up my confusion!

--
~Jason Warner

Re: Updating svn:ignore lists

Posted by Vasily Zakharov <vm...@apache.org>.