Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Randall Perry <rg...@systame.com> on 2004/08/21 21:30:19 UTC

Configurations for ISP commercial MTA

I'm looking into installing SpamAssassin on our mail server. I've looked
through the docs and have the info I need for getting spapd working with
Sendmail.

Can anyone suggest configuration options for a commercial mail server? From
reading the conf doc I assume I'd set required_score to 12; beyond that I'm
not sure what to do.

Also, after spam is detected I assume from the docs it's mailed to the
system admin? What are the strategies for dealing with false positives?

I saw in one of the presentations that 'default opt-out' should be the
policy for ISPs. How do you filter out users who haven't opted in?

Also, should I start out with SpamAssassin and get comfortable with it
before adding Razor?

Sorry for the load of questions. I'd appreciate answers and/or pointing me
to docs/tutorials to answer the above.

TIA

--
Randall Perry
sysTame

Xserve Web Hosting/Co-location
Website Design/Development
WebObjects Hosting
Mac Consulting/Sales

http://www.systame.com/

Re: Configurations for ISP commercial MTA

Posted by William Stearns <ws...@pobox.com>.
Good evening, Randall,

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004, Randall Perry wrote:

> Sorry for the load of questions. I'd appreciate answers and/or pointing me
> to docs/tutorials to answer the above.

	http://www.stearns.org/doc/spamassassin-setup.current.html covers
some of the above.
	Cheers,