Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Tony Hong <th...@xmethods.net> on 2001/05/02 12:02:59 UTC

Processing 2001 XML Schema parameters

I am running the 5/1 nightly build and I am trying to process a message from
a server that defines xsi and xsd using the  2001, rather than 1999, xml
schema.

Looking at the Parameter serializer code, I see the following:

QName soapType = SoapEncUtils.getAttributeValue(paramEl,
                              Constants.NS_URI_CURRENT_SCHEMA_XSI,
                              Constants.ATTR_TYPE,
                              "parameter", false);

as the code that pulls the value of xsi:type

However, I notice that the Constants.NS_URI_CURRENT_SCHEMA_XSI is defined as
1999.

Does this mean that there is no way to process the parameter if xsi is
defined as 2001, without updating the Constants.java file and recompiling?

Thanks!

Tony

XMethods Web Services Listings
http://www.xmethods.net

RE: Processing 2001 XML Schema parameters

Posted by Rob Englander <ro...@mindstrm.com>.
Tony,

Never mind.  I'm not rebuilding the entire source
tree, so my change won't be seen by the rest of
the framework.  I'd be interested, though, if
you've had any success.

Rob

I tried modifying the Constants.java file to use the 2001
schema, then I compiled it and rebuilt soap.jar.  It still
doesn't work.  Have you tried it?  Did you get it to work?

Rob