Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Innerlab <in...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/16 15:18:28 UTC

posts headers and so on.

Hello:

I just subscribed to the list. I don't want to be a pain in the ass
so soon, but I've  noticed that (at least on yahoo),
these posts cannot be automatically replied to the list.
They go by default to whoever wrote the original email, thus one has
to manually replace that address for "modperl@apache.org" .

Also, neither the "Subject", the "To:" or the "From:" information in
the header doesn't mention "modperl * " , making it hard to filter
these emails.

Has anyone noticed all this already or is it me?

=====
http://faith.yahoo.com

Re: posts headers and so on.

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
I just hit reply now - note that it is AUTOMATICALLY to you, plus
modperl@apache.org
Also note the original headers below:

  Issac

Re: posts headers and so on.

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@oslo.online.no>.
Hello Innerlab,

At 15:18 16.10.2002, Innerlab wrote:
>Hello:
>
>I just subscribed to the list. I don't want to be a pain in the ass
>so soon, but I've  noticed that (at least on yahoo),
>these posts cannot be automatically replied to the list.
>They go by default to whoever wrote the original email, thus one has
>to manually replace that address for "modperl@apache.org" .

This is intentional. You have to use "Reply to all".

>Also, neither the "Subject", the "To:" or the "From:" information in
>the header doesn't mention "modperl * " , making it hard to filter
>these emails.

Use a filter that checks To: and Cc: for the presence of
modperl@perl.apache.org (which is btw the correct address), and filter
based on that.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen