Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Nick Collins <nd...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/15 18:21:32 UTC

Flex and AIR 4.0

The first Adobe AIR 4.0 beta was just published to Adobe Labs today (
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashruntimes/air/ ). One aspect of it
that I believe may directly affect us is that as of 4.0, ASC 2.0 will be
retired as a separate download, and will now be the only compiler. How will
this affect us being able to overlay AIR with the Flex SDK going forward?

Nick

Re: Flex and AIR 4.0

Posted by 周 戈 <da...@163.com>.
Hi Nick,

I’m wondering the same question.

Adobe CC design tools like Flash CC dropped support for exporting FXG format, and they haven’t provide a alternative yet, which is insane!

Now they make the ASC 2 the only compiler for AIR, which makes Flex SDK harder to follow.

Adobe just keep dropping the solutions that works (like Flex and FXG), and chasing after the solutions that doesn’t work (like Edge).

DarkStone
2013-11-17

在 2013-11-16,01:21,Nick Collins <nd...@gmail.com> 写道:

RE: Flex and AIR 4.0

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
But but but, you're not providing support for the newest <insert technology here> ! Lol

Posted by Nick Collins <nd...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the tests Erik. I wasn't trying to start another frenzy, I must
have just misread the announcement because I took it as them replacing the
compiler with ASC 2.0 but if it ends up being as was pointed out by others
and it being that they are simply merging the two, then all is good in the
world. :-)

Re: Flex and AIR 4.0

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Re: Flex and AIR 4.0

Posted by Jun Heider <ju...@realeyes.com>.

Re: Flex and AIR 4.0

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Flex and AIR 4.0

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: Flex and AIR 4.0

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
To put everyone at ease: the full set of Mustella tests (39,000 of
them!) passes on FP 12 and AIR 4. That means the SDK works with those
versions the same as with all earlier versions.

Nothing to see here, move along ;-)

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Flex and AIR 4.0

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.

Re: Flex and AIR 4.0

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
I am not sure what the concern is.  I do see separate downloads for Flex
developers here [1]
It does not look like we have to change something with the Flex SDK or the
Installer, yet.

Thanks,
Om

[1] http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html