Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by engleang <en...@yahoo.com> on 2012/09/19 05:02:20 UTC

Layout

I am new to apache tapestry 5 and I have to generate application in apache
tapestry following existing tml file . I mean that I have only tml file but
I cannot know how to generate class depend on it especially layout that
generated by dividing into two files for example left and right. I want to
know how to create it. More over I don't know the syntax in existing tml
like  , a t:type="link/channelLink" t:channelName="child.name"
class="min:child"/> etc.
Any reply would be appreciated.
Best Regard
Engleang

Re: Layout

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
Just to clear up a bit of terminology
1. A component is a re-usable piece of logic which generates markup. It
consists of a java file and an optional TML template.
2. A layout is a special type of component that is used by your pages and it
contains common elements. Eg a layout might have contain a header, footer
and a menu which is included by most of your pages. Pages have the option to
override sections of the layout.

Here's some further reading:
http://tapestry.apache.org/component-classes.html
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/component/creatingcomponents
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/component/thelayoutcomponent1

Re: Layout

Posted by engleang <en...@yahoo.com>.
hmm I already see the tutorial I just want to know how to separate layout
file into two or three packages and how to use it in tml page

Re: Layout

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
http://tapestry.apache.org/getting-started.html