Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Antonio Si <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/26 21:34:05 UTC

question on reducing number of versions

Hello,

I have a hbase table whose definition has a max number of versions set to
36000.
I have verified that there are rows which have more than 20000 versions
saved.

Now, I change the definition of the table and reduce the max number of
versions to 18000. Will I see the size of the table being reduced as I am
not seeing that?

Also, after I reduce the max number of versions, I try to create a
snapshot, but I am getting a
com.amazon.ws.emr.hadoop.fs.shaded.com.amazonaws.services.s3.mo

del.AmazonS3Exception: Not Found (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 404;
Error Code: 404 Not Found;

What may be the cause of that?

I am using s3 as my storage.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Antonio.

Re: question on reducing number of versions

Posted by Anil Gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
You should see a smaller t2 after major compaction if your table actually had versions over 18k.(as Ted mentioned)

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio Si <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Anil.