Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Sander van der Waal <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/27 10:55:57 UTC

Publishing the website

Hi all,

I noticed the Rave website is not live yet so went through the pages and
made
a few tweaks and I think it's good enough to be live the way it is now [1].

Most important thing missing is the wiki that has not been created yet.
Do I create an INFRA issue for that? And how can we get the site live?
(provided nobody objects to publishing it the way it is)

Sander

[1] http://rave.staging.apache.org/rave/index.html

Re: Publishing the website

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Forgot to cc Rolf

@Rolf: can you please check http://rave.staging.apache.org/rave/index.html
and see if the logo can easily be scaled down to make it look good at 200px width?

Re: Publishing the website

Posted by Marlon Pierce <mp...@cs.indiana.edu>.

I'm +1 for publishing the website.

Marlon

Re: Publishing the website

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Re: Publishing the website

Posted by Rolf van der Steen <r....@1hippo.com>.

--
*HIPPO*
Europe  •  Amsterdam  Oosteinde 11  •  1017 WT Amsterdam  •  +31 20 522 4466

waive any related rights and obligations.
Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it
contains by other than an intended recipient is
unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by
return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Re: Publishing the website

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Re: Publishing the website

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
On 04/27/2011 11:38 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> On 27/04/2011 10:21, Ross Gardler wrote:
>> On 27/04/2011 09:55, Sander van der Waal wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I noticed the Rave website is not live yet so went through the pages and
>>> made
>>> a few tweaks and I think it's good enough to be live the way it is now
>>> [1].
>>
>> It still needs some CSS work page content is not well aligned with the
>> logo for example, colours need to change to match the logo).
>>
>> The logo itself looks horrible, there is loads of aliasing introduced by
>> the scaling process.
>>
>> -1 on going live with it in its current form.
>
> Sander just popped in to check with me about my -1. To clarify, I'm only -1 on
> the logo issue it's a shame to have such a great logo then hide it in a nasty
> aliased scaled version.
I agree.

FYI: as you have seen I've also pinged Rolf to see if he can provide a good
scaled down version, but Rolf isn't available for at least the next several
hours. I took a shot at scaling it down myself but that really turned out to be
just as horrible (not my expertise anyway).
So either we'll wait on Rolf to come up with a proper version or someone else
who has the skills to do this takes a shot at it.

> The CSS issues are only -0.
I'm +0 on this, but if someone has the cycles to fix/improve the css before the
end of the week, I'd prefer waiting on that, otherwise publish it once the logo
is fixed.

Re: Publishing the website

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

rgardler@apache.org
@rgardler

Re: Publishing the website

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Re: Publishing the website

Posted by Rolf van der Steen <r....@1hippo.com>.
Took a little longer than expaected, but I've described changes (incl css,
img's and examples) in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-7

Re: Publishing the website

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.