Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by david256 <da...@digitaltrowel.com> on 2009/06/07 17:23:35 UTC

Encoding proble when sending from c# producer

Hi,

I am using activemq 5.2.0 which runs on an ubuntu machine with jdk6.

I have built a C# producer client which communicates via NMS with the
broker. The C# producer runs on a vista machine.

I am using it to transfer text messages.
All works well, but when the text contains a character from a group of
chars, and I view it in the admin web app they appear as '?' for example:

original text: "PATA’s Industry Council"

The text when it is consumed: "PATA?s Industry Council"

I debugged it, and  examined the text before it is sent to the broker in the
visual studio watches, and it looked perfect. When I examined the message in
the consumer it replaced the ' ’ ' with ' ? '

Does anyone has any hint as to why I get this encoding problem?

Re: Encoding proble when sending from c# producer

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 07:29 -0700, david256 wrote:
> I'v registered but i cant find the activemq project on
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa

Use this link.
http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQNET

Posted by david256 <da...@digitaltrowel.com>.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 07:12 -0700, david256 wrote:
> I have never posted on jira.
> can you ,please, provide me some pointers and a url?

The issue tracker for NMS is located here:
http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQNET

Once you create an account you can create a new issue.  Provide as much
information as you can, issues that include test drivers to reproduce
the problem generally get fixed faster.  Things that we really need to
know, what platform you are on, and what version of .Net or Mono you are
using, what version of the NMS code you are using, and stack traces that
you have for exceptions that you receive, or anything else that might
help us track down the issue quickly.

Regards
Tim.

--
Tim Bish
http://fusesource.com

Re: Encoding proble when sending from c# producer

Posted by david256 <da...@digitaltrowel.com>.
I have never posted on jira.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

--
Tim Bish
http://fusesource.com

Re: Encoding proble when sending from c# producer

Posted by david256 <da...@digitaltrowel.com>.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

--
Tim Bish
http://fusesource.com

Re: Encoding proble when sending from c# producer

Posted by david256 <da...@digitaltrowel.com>.
Thanks for the reply

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.