Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/10/13 21:20:02 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Trivial Update of "Hbase/FAQ" by stack

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by stack:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/FAQ

The comment on the change is:
Added pointer to bigdata

  Apart from Google's bigtable, here are ones we know of:
   * [wiki:Hbase/PNUTS PNUTS], a Platform for Nimble Universal Table Storage, being developed internally at Yahoo!
   * [http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?node=342335011 Amazon SimpleDB] is a web service for running queries on structured data in real time.
-  * "[http://hypertable.org/ Hypertable] is an open source project based on published best practices and our own experience in solving large-scale data-intensive tasks"
+  * "[http://hypertable.org/ Hypertable] is an open source project based on published best practices and our own experience in solving large-scale data-intensive tasks."
   * "[http://code.google.com/p/the-cassandra-project/ Cassandra] is a distributed storage system for managing structured data while providing reliability at a massive scale."
+  * "[http://www.systap.com/bigdata.htm Bigdata(R)] is an open-source scale-out storage and computing fabric supporting optional transactions, very high concurrency, and very high aggregate IO rates."

  '''4. [[Anchor(4)]] Can I fix OutOfMemoryExceptions in hbase?'''