Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/07 21:01:36 UTC

A JDK Fix breaks the build...

master is broken and it's a compile error in rya.benchmark.  I haven't
looked at it closely, but it's clear that everything will compile using JDK
1.8.0_66 [1] but it won't under JDK 1.8.0_92+ [2].  I filed a JIRA Ticket
(RYA-287 - Rya won't compile under JDK 1.8.0_92+) and assigned it to for
Andrew.

--Aaron

Here is the compile error:
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:3.2:compile (default-compile) @
rya.benchmark ---
[INFO] Changes detected - recompiling the module!
[INFO] Compiling 18 source files to
/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/incubator-rya-fork-with-optionals/extras/rya.benchmark/target/classes
An exception has occurred in the compiler (1.8.0_92). Please file a bug
against the Java compiler via the Java bug reporting page (
http://bugreport.java.com) after checking the Bug Database (
http://bugs.java.com) for duplicates. Include your program and the
following diagnostic in your report. Thank you.

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/incubator-rya-fork-with-optionals/5/
[2] https://builds.apache.org/job/incubator-rya-fork-with-optionals/4/

Re: A JDK Fix breaks the build...

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.
ugh.  I spoke too soon.  Rya won't compile using JDK 1.8.0_66 on the build
boxes (and that's the earliest version of the JDK available).  Anyone else
seeing this issue?