Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Rony De Coninck <ro...@minfin.fed.be> on 2003/04/10 07:51:29 UTC

Javabeans in cocoon

I have got cocoon working for a small application and it works fine but I want to use JSP together with JavaBeans too.  Is this possible within cocoon?  I tried several times but cocoon is always 'confused'.  I think he can't find my class (bean).  First I putted my class in the directory 'WEB-INF/classes' (in a package) of my web-application.  Then I tried to put it in the 'shared/classes' directory of Tomcat itself but he still can't find it.  What am I doing wrong or do I have to use a different approach?  The use of XSP and/or actions seems to be to heavy for my little application.

Re: Javabeans in cocoon

Posted by Richard In Public <ed...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Hi Rony

I've managed to use JavaBeans with Cocoon:

1.  I put my class files in %TOMCAT_HOME%/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/classes.
2.  I need to restart tomcat after making changes to classes
3.  You need to place your classes in the appropriate directory structure,
although you probably know that :-): e.g.

for com.mycompany.mybean.class:

|--  %TOMCAT_HOME%
|     -- webapps
|         -- cocoon
|             -- WEB-INF
|                  -- classes
|                      -- com
|                          -- mycompany
|                              --  mybean.calss

There are probably lots of (more elegant) ways of doing this but this works
for me.

Regards,

Richard Hoberman

---