Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2009/04/06 00:16:12 UTC

What aout releasing a 2.0.0-M5 ?

Hi guys,

since the last release (2.0.0-M4), many bugs have been fixed. 2.0.0-M4
has been released on dec. 10, 4 month ago...

Some bugs found and fixed are really important :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-653
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-664
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-665
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-667
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-675

We have some more bugs to fix before 2.0.0-RC1, and also a hell lot of
doco and web-site addition to do.

In the mean-time, I think it mmight be a good idea to release an
intermediate version without all the fixed bugs, so those who will use
the version won't be hit by any of those problematic bugs. It does not
mean we will differ 2.0.0-RC1, but AFAICT, neither Julien or me will be
available in april to work on 2.0.0-RC1. I know that we are not the only
committers on the project, but that will most certainly slowdown the
development, that's for sure !

So wdyt ? Just tell me so that I can launch a vote tomorrow, in order to
be able to cut a release before leaving for well deserved holidays !

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: What aout releasing a 2.0.0-M5 ?

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
+1 since some of those bugs are pretty serious.
Julien

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.
+1
Maarten

Posted by Abu Tareq <bu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by David Latorre <dv...@gmail.com>.
+1
We would also thank a new official release.

Posted by Steve Ulrich <st...@proemion.com>.
+1

Re: Re : What aout releasing a 2.0.0-M5 ?

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1

thanks
ashish

Re: Re : What aout releasing a 2.0.0-M5 ?

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
+1

These are serious bugs for sure. Nice work.

Alex

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 12:16 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> wrote:
> In the mean-time, I think it mmight be a good idea to release an
> intermediate version without all the fixed bugs

+1

/niklas