Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by je...@Keane.com on 2004/03/17 02:34:44 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] calling ssh/scp shell processes from within apache - (solved)

> Thanks for the input, i've done that...but i used a passphrase and have
> error_log entries complaining 'You have no controlling tty.  Cannot read
> passphrase'....which makes sense.  So the first step i need to take is to
> recreate the keys, but i was just curious if you had this working from a
> browser.  Seems like you do, but i wanted to verify.

Well, not a browser - it's a PHP job I'm running via cron, but I think it
should work as a webpage.  You might have to see who apache is running as
("nobody"?), and set up the ssh authorizations using that user.

The only other thing I can suggest is using the "-Bq" options on scp.

    -B      Selects batch mode (prevents asking for passwords or
passphrases).
    -q      Disables the progress meter.

A cron would have been fine, but the browser WORKS!!!!

Thanks...have a great night.
Jeff

Thanks Hank.

-Hank