Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Akmal Abbasov <ak...@icloud.com> on 2015/05/05 13:17:40 UTC

HBase shell noninteractive mode

Hi,
HBASE-11658 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-11658> adds a non interactive mode to HBase shell and return modes depending on the success or failure.
But, I am using HBase hbase-0.98.7-hadoop2, which doesn’t have this feature. So is there any way for checking the result of the HBase shell command in version I am using?
Thank you.

Regards,
Akmal Abbasov

Re: HBase shell noninteractive mode

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
Yes, currently that's what some of our in-house tooling did. Basically you
grep for the word ERROR. It is error-prone and brittle to say the least. :/

--
Sean

Re: HBase shell noninteractive mode

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Akmal:
When 0.98.13 is released later this month, you can upgrade to 0.98.13 with
rolling upgrade.

Cheers

Posted by Akmal Abbasov <ak...@icloud.com>.
Hi Sean,