Posted to apps-dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2002/10/30 17:31:02 UTC

the future of AvalonDB

heya all,

haven't seen anything happening related to AvalonDB for a while.

- are people using it?
- are people working on it?

What are the plans of the developers (I believe mainly Paul Hammant?)
with it?

I am asking this with regard to the 'scope creep' of the avalon project
as being discussed on the reorg@apache.org and avalon development lists.
AvalonDB could be considered a little out-of-scope.

One thought is that there might be a lot of interest (outside of avalon)
for a java-based database at apache. One place where it might be
possible to gather such interest would be at incubator.apache.org....

...just thoughts...

cheers,

Leo

Re: the future of AvalonDB

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 19:53, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Leo,
>
> Well it is stalled dude.  I do plan to return to it, but I guess its
> only use is as a demo opf multiple implementation under Phoenix.
>
> I appreciate that it may well get punted out of Avalon.

I like the word "nudge" so much better :)

If people work on it, then I believe it will grow into something that
should be nudged out of the nest. If not, it'll just lie around for a
long time (disk space is cheap ;). Either way, we need to be clear about
status....

cheers,

Leo

Re: the future of AvalonDB

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Leo,

Well it is stalled dude.  I do plan to return to it, but I guess its
only use is as a demo opf multiple implementation under Phoenix.

I appreciate that it may well get punted out of Avalon.

- Paul