Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Darren Hicks <da...@e-s-3.com> on 2002/06/12 21:38:49 UTC

WSDL2Java, case insensitive, but shouldn't be

Why does WSDL2Java build proxy classes which have invalid Getters and Setters due to changing the case of the elements in the WSDL.

If my WSDL contains ( note the lowercase element names ) :

  <complexType name="apiClientID">
   <sequence>
    <element name="sUserID" type="xsd:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" nillable="true"/>
    <element name="sWorkstationIP" type="xsd:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" nillable="true"/>
    <element name="sClientAppType" type="xsd:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" nillable="true"/>
   </sequence>
  </complexType>

Then the WSDL2Java creates setSUserID, setSWorkstationIP and setSClientAppType ( UPPERCASE the first S in each!!! ) .

As a result, the BeanDeserializer.onStartChild() method throws "invalid element" found unless I change the methods to setsUserID, setsWorkstationIP and setsClientAppType.

- Darren