Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> on 2011/01/27 01:20:15 UTC

10.5 fix candidates

Hello, I am doing my periodic look at possible 10.5 backports.

Does anyone see issues with porting any of the fixes below as far as  10.5?

Thanks

Kathey

j> -- report on Derby JIRAs fixed in 10.8, 10.7, 10.6 but not 10.5

select s."key", s."title", s."assignee"
from table( "apacheVanillaJiraReport"(
'file:///cygwin/home/kmarsden/projects/jirareports/Jan2011/all_JIRA_ISSUES.xml'
) ) s  where  "type" = 'Bug' AND "version" LIKE '%10.5%' AND
("fixVersion" LIKE '%10.8%' OR "fixVersion" LIKE '%10.7%' OR
"fixVersion" LIKE '%10.6%')  AND "component" != 'Documentation'  AND NOT
"fixVersion" LIKE '%10.5%'  AND "resolution" = 'Fixed';
key
|title
|assignee
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DERBY-4979  |[DERBY-4979] build.properties in
plugins/eclipse/org.apache.derby.ui refers to non-existent file
install_plugin.html            |Myrna van Lunteren
DERBY-4895  |[DERBY-4895] Thread local
TableDescriptor#referencedColumnMap is not removed from app threads when
Derby is shut down           |Dag H. Wanvik
DERBY-4881  |[DERBY-4881] Deadlock accessing
SYS.SYSSTATISTICS
|Kristian Waagan
DERBY-4798  |[DERBY-4798] NPE in nested outer
join
|Dag H. Wanvik
DERBY-4743  |[DERBY-4743] Attempt to access a DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY
TABLE after commit in an XA transaction in Network server fails.
|Mike Matrigali
DERBY-4723  |[DERBY-4723] Using an instance lock to protect static
shared data in
EmbedPooledConnection                                      |Kristian Waagan
DERBY-4712  |[DERBY-4712] Complex nested joins
problems
|Dag H. Wanvik
DERBY-4711  |[DERBY-4711] Hung thread after another thread is
interrupted
|Luke Quinane
DERBY-4692  |[DERBY-4692] Unions between BOOLEAN and non-BOOLEAN
datatypes should be
rejected                                                |Rick Hillegas
DERBY-4679  |[DERBY-4679] Several left outer joins causes unstable query
with incorrect results                                              |Dag
H. Wanvik
DERBY-4626  |[DERBY-4626] Timestamp truncated when converted to string
with explicit calendar
|C.S. Nirmal J. Fernando
DERBY-4625  |[DERBY-4625] TIMESTAMP function doesn't accept
nanoseconds
|C.S. Nirmal J. Fernando
DERBY-4601  |[DERBY-4601] Shutting down just a single database should
log a different message than shutting down the system
|Mamta A. Satoor
DERBY-4585  |[DERBY-4585] IndexChanger.doDelete throws
NullPointerException
|Knut Anders Hatlen
DERBY-4582  |[DERBY-4582] Timestamps inserted with GMT calendar are 1
hour later when subsequently read with GMT calendar (Server Mode
Only).|Knut Anders Hatlen
DERBY-4531  |[DERBY-4531] Client setCharacterStream closes its Reader
argument stream in finalizer
|Dag H. Wanvik
DERBY-4500  |[DERBY-4500] CLASSPATH scripts should not exit on
error
|Bryan Pendleton
DERBY-4491  |[DERBY-4491] The network client changes UDTs into Strings
and returns their type as LONGVARBINARY.
|Rick Hillegas
DERBY-4475  |[DERBY-4475] [patch] roleName isn't trimmed as
expected
|Unassigned
DERBY-4473  |[DERBY-4473] [patch] remove some allocated but unused
objects                                                                   |Unassigned

DERBY-4472  |[DERBY-4472] [patch] non short circuit op, could cause eof
problems
|Unassigned
DERBY-4471  |[DERBY-4471] Left outer join reassociation rewrite gives
wrong result
|Dag H. Wanvik
DERBY-4465  |[DERBY-4465] Typo in error message from
SQLChar
|Knut Anders Hatlen
DERBY-4459  |[DERBY-4459] Verification error at execute-time when an
outer function which takes a primitive arg is wrapped around an inner
f&|Rick Hillegas
DERBY-4426  |[DERBY-4426] With generated columns,  INSERT with DEFAULT
inside a VALUES clause inside a UNION fails.
|Dag H. Wanvik
DERBY-4371  |[DERBY-4371] Non-selected columns for SELECT DISTINCT
allowed in ORDER BY clause if ordered by
expression                       |C.S. Nirmal J. Fernando
DERBY-4343  |[DERBY-4343] ASSERT FAILED calling setTransactionIsolation
checking isolation_ == level   on  pooled connection
|Lily Wei
DERBY-4315  |[DERBY-4315] Attempt to reuse streams in client on insert
gives protocol exception and inserts wrong data
|Unassigned
DERBY-4283  |[DERBY-4283] setEmbeddedCP should not exit on
error
|Bryan Pendleton
DERBY-4282  |[DERBY-4282] strange behavior with the "update ... where
current of c1" in the CheckConstraintTest
|Eranda Sooriyabandara
DERBY-4067  |[DERBY-4067]
ClientConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection and
ClientXADataSource.getXAConnection ignore connection attrib&|Kristian
Waagan
DERBY-4052  |[DERBY-4052] SQLChar.copyState() doesn't copy
localeFinder
|Yun Lee
DERBY-4051  |[DERBY-4051] The javadoc for SpaceTable refers to an alias
that doesn't seem to work
|Tiago R. Espinha
DERBY-3953  |[DERBY-3953] VIEWS which invoke user-coded functions may
return different results depending on who SELECTs from them
|Unassigned
DERBY-3944  |[DERBY-3944] CHECK constraints involving user-coded
functions may return different results depending on who performs the
trigge&|Rick Hillegas
DERBY-3898  |[DERBY-3898] Blob.setBytes differs between embedded and
client driver when the specified length is invalid
|Yun Lee
DERBY-3650  |[DERBY-3650] internal multiple references from different
rows to a single BLOB/CLOB stream leads to various errors when second
&|Kristian Waagan
DERBY-1595  |[DERBY-1595] Network server fails with
DRDAProtocolException if a BLOB with size 2147483647 is streamed from
client             |Kristian Waagan

Re: 10.5 fix candidates

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
On 1/27/2011 5:53 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> On 1/26/11 4:20 PM, Kathey Marsden wrote:
>> Hello, I am doing my periodic look at possible 10.5 backports.
>>
>> Does anyone see issues with porting any of the fixes below as far as
>> 10.5?

Thank you Rick and Dag for the feedback. I went through and trimmed a
few more that looked like behavior changes, related to boolean,  or had
specific comments about backporting concerns and opened this issue for
tracking with 30 linked fix candidates.

Please speak up if you see any problematic issues on the list for 10.5.

Thanks

Kathey

Re: 10.5 fix candidates

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
> [...]
> DERBY-4601  |[DERBY-4601] Shutting down just a single database should
> log a different message than shutting down the system
> |Mamta A. Satoor
> DERBY-4585  |[DERBY-4585] IndexChanger.doDelete throws
> NullPointerException
> |Knut Anders Hatlen
> DERBY-4582  |[DERBY-4582] Timestamps inserted with GMT calendar are 1
> hour later when subsequently read with GMT calendar (Server Mode
> Only).|Knut Anders Hatlen
> DERBY-4531  |[DERBY-4531] Client setCharacterStream closes its Reader
> argument stream in finalizer
> |Dag H. Wanvik
> DERBY-4500  |[DERBY-4500] CLASSPATH scripts should not exit on
> error
> |Bryan Pendleton
> DERBY-4491  |[DERBY-4491] The network client changes UDTs into Strings
> and returns their type as LONGVARBINARY.
I recommend against backporting this fix. You will have to wrestle with
compatibility problems between clients and servers running at different
rev levels.

Regards,
-Rick

Re: 10.5 fix candidates

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <da...@oracle.com>.
Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> DERBY-4895  |[DERBY-4895] Thread local TableDescriptor#referencedColumnMap is not removed from app threads when Derby is shut down           |Dag H. Wanvik

I marked this one as a candidate for backport, so I think it should be ok.

> DERBY-4798  |[DERBY-4798] NPE in nested outer join |Dag H. Wanvik
> DERBY-4712  |[DERBY-4712] Complex nested joins problems |Dag H. Wanvik
> DERBY-4679  |[DERBY-4679] Several left outer joins causes unstable query with incorrect results |Dag H. Wanvik

I already backported those to 10.6, so I assume they are good to go.

> DERBY-4531  |[DERBY-4531] Client setCharacterStream closes its Reader argument stream in finalizer |Dag H. Wanvik

This changes behavior, the existing behavior has been a regression since
10.2. Your call..

> DERBY-4471  |[DERBY-4471] Left outer join reassociation rewrite gives wrong result |Dag H. Wanvik

Although it removes a corner case error, it does open up for new
transformations, which *may* be a risk, not sure. Your call.

> DERBY-4426  |[DERBY-4426] With generated columns,  INSERT with DEFAULT inside a VALUES clause inside a UNION fails. |Dag H. Wanvik

This changes behavior, cf attached release notes, so you may not want this..

Thanks,
Dag